Friday, November 04, 2005

red again

as i look at my skin
the red drips down
as i look at my sin
i clearly see the noun
it is me
i am its being
and every time i escape
im back here bleeding
i cant get clean
i live in crimson
escape is impossible
im a living prison
thats why i write this
i could never escape
try to be a straight line
im just a distorted shape
i need that love
pure unadultrated agape
to clean me up
im livin so sloppy
my skins been stained
will it always be scarlet
can i ever be clean
freed from this darkness
who could pull me through
and wash me clean
id die for escape
but im losing steam
stuck again hurting
lost life is gone
what can i do
for the next breaking dawn
will i survive till then
when im barely above water
living this life
full of death and slaughter
so please save me father
let me escape
from this deadly life
thats wrapped around my nape

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Kristi B. said...

you seem pretty discouraged/defeated in your last two poems. Keep looking to God. He does have the power and strength to get you through this. When we get discouraged, it's very easy to go back to the "old ways." But you have to remember, it will only end up hurting you. You've got to surround yourself with good, Christian encouragement, and leave the people and things of the world behind. It's sounds from your poems that you know all this, I'm just trying to encourage you that it IS worth it to live it out. God is good and faithful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home