Sunday, September 04, 2005

WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!

so yesterday i got my mail. which usually consists of 1 bill. thats it nothing specail. but i had two envelopes so i figure...1 bill telling me what i owe...1 bank statement telling me i dont have it. no biggie. so today i actually decide to asses the damages and low and behold...i bill telling me how much i owe. i wont tell you cause its nonya business and because i still havent opened it. but the other envelope...oh the other envelope.....(pauses for dramatic effect).......it was a letter from poetry.com telling my my poem has been accepted into the semi finals and i could potentially win a prize...but also im gonna be published *faints*. i mean ive been writing for YEARS and never thought i could get published but i finally decided what they hey lets give it a try. so i entered the contest and BAM here i go on my way to superstardom. well maybe not but i will be in a book. *dances* so since ive never put this poem on my page ill put it up now for your optik enjoyment

To Explain

how to capture this feeling
with words alone
id need 1000 pictures
and its still not enough
there so much to say
and so little time
your always in my thoughts
in the back of my mind
its so hard to explain
and you wont understand
i wish i could tell you
with the touch of my hand
just run em down your cheek
and look in your eyes
look back in mine
i promise they wont lie
i cant say the words
but you know the feeling
i hope this never stops
i beg it god willing

so there ya have it hope you enjoyed as much as the "Selection Committee" did!

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Congrats 360!!

Keep submitting to Poetry.com you will be pleased to find out how many you can get published in!

*wink*

I have been in a few myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home