Friday, December 09, 2005

to long

as i lay in this bed
and wither away
i reflect on the past
and my better days
when i was younger
and strong enough to walk
when i had lots to say
and always loved to talk
but as i lay here
enshourded in blankets
im sure im at my end
i dont know how much longer can i take it
i realize this bed
and blanket are like a coffin
and i couldnt leave if i wanted
im basicially locked in
my muscles to weak to move
my hands to weak to grab
my legs to weak to support
my lungs to weak to gasp
as i wither away
alone in this room
i remeber my maker
and hope he takes me soon
as i wither away
lost and forgotten
i slowly close my eyes
hoping i spot him
my view out the window
is always the same
the thoughts in my mind
move to slow to change
so the days run togther
i barely notice the night
time has stopped moving
as i breathe in this plight
ive been here to long
my tears have dried to my cheeks
theres no one to talk to
so i really never speak
so ill just lay in this bed
and wither away
and hope that tomarrow
will stay forever away

1 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Kristi B. said...

that's sad. Makes me think to pray for all the lonely people during the holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home