Tuesday, November 29, 2005

a man and a son

my son was lost
and i could not find him
i searched and searched
but he ran off blindly
ive prayed every night
for his safe return
but as time passes on
it hurts worse and worse
i raised him right
with the word of the lord
but he loved this life
and fell for the world
i taught him patiently
of the lords saving grace
but he lusted for the world
to fill that place
i have not seen him
in many moons
my hearts broken for him
i pray for his return soon
who knows where hes wondered
or what hes found
i want my son home lord
safe and sound
this worlds temptations
have pulled him in
save him lord
make him free from sin
then one winter day
when the wind was biting
a lonely figure comes
down the road winding
when i reached the door
his face was not the same
laced with scars
from years of pain
his skin was yellow
from to much drinking
his hair was grey
from to much thinking
he said "father i was lost
but i have returned"
i thanked the lord
and my eyes burned
the tears came rolling
down my reddened cheeks
and i begged for breath
i could hardly breathe
my long lost son
was finally home
he said he hated this world
how it left him alone
he wanted the father
but he didnt know how
he wanted true life
and he wanted it now
he was tired of wandering
lost and depressed
of hearing his heart crying
deep in his breast
he was tired of pain
burrowed deep in his soul
he was tired of using
the world to fill in the hole
he wanted to know peace
and be able to rest
he wanted some hope
when there was none left
hed wandered the world
and found it all the same
fighting and striving
with nothing to gain
he said "father my heart
has truely been broken
not just from me
but the words ive heard spoken,
it has been broken
for every boy on this earth
whos lusting for fun
excitment and worth,
for every girl
will selfish desire
who meets terrible boys
to toss them in the fire
for every elder
thats never known true life
while they lie awake in bed
deep into the night
my heart has been broken
for all of us sinners
i know we need god father
this life is all winter"
i kissed my boy on the head
told him its time to sleep
and i went to my room
to silently weep
i cried tears of praise
to my father above
for hearing my prayers
and ansnwering with love
for protecting my son
for i thought he was dead
your my food and my water
my daily bread

so let me be more in love
like this father thats crying
i long to see your face
youve saved me from dying
your patience and truth
are a light for my feet
your strengths what i need
when ever im weak
so hold me close father
kiss me on the head
tell me you love me
then send me to bed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home