Saturday, May 19, 2007

memories

My minds replete
With deleted scenes
Of things I've seen
And dreams
Of things that bring
The scenes I dream
To breathe into focus
But the effects
Of time
Weed and wine
Confusing lines
And confounding lies
That undoubting supplies
Why I cant find
The memories
And explanations
Of better dreams
And destinations
Of what I've missed
Due to procrastination
And those I’ve kissed
In my past when wasted
Perhaps a deeper reflection
On information I’ve collected
Would let me find memories neglected
That I could then inspect
And upon inspection
Discover reflections
Of thoughts left unmentioned
And dreams left for dead
Words I’ve said
And decisions made
Resound in my head
But they’re not interlaid
Instead they unintwine
The longer in my mind
Till I can no longer find
Memories once held tight
So photographs
And written word
Help me track
What has occurred?
So when I compose
Upon this tablet
I hope my prose
Will leave me impacted

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home