Sunday, May 13, 2007

happy mothers day

how many years has it been
almost 24
and i pray to god
for at least that many more

i cant recount the times
youve been there to save me
and i hope im getting stronger
knowing thats how you raised me

theres been a few bad times
but many more good
and most of the bad once
we were misunderstood

two people so different
with so much in common
if you think i dont remember
i promise i havent forgotten

the tings that youve told me
to help make me a man
the way youve described
things i didnt understand

all the times that youve prayed
to god up in heaven
that this bread thats from you
would not go unleavened

and youve seen me decended
at the bottom of life
and now im ascending
with you at my side

i couldnt be the man that i am
if you were not there
guiding me teaching me
even when i wasent there

and hope to make you proud
and able to smile
as i become a man
i know its taken a while

so i just wrote this poem
that i write this time of year
to let you know through it all
my love for you's shining clear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home