Wednesday, July 27, 2005

good ol' darwin

i just finished reading darwins autobiography. it was honestly pretty dull and boring. but it did get me preparted to read the next 3 books on my list; the orgin of the species, the expression of the emotions in man and animals, and darwins ghost by steve jones. im more than a little curious what people think about darwin evolution as far as its validity, its implications on morals, or anything else you feel might be useful. ill post more of my comments on the books as i read them.

4 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

Can't help myself but have to say, on Origin of Species, there's a great skit in an old movie I love, Party Girl, that spoofs on the title.

Some old lady comes into the library where Party Girl works and she keeps hearing "Oranges and Peaches" instead of the title.

ha ha

Good for you for digging deep into the literary world. I dove into Ernest Hemingway a couple years ago and am one of his biggest fans now.

Who knew, from high school I never thought I'd dig on him. But I do.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger jbb said...

lmao @ oranges and peaches. ill never get over that!
and earnest is the f'in man. old man and the see is one of my all time favorites.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger dont eat the token said...

You know, I don't think I've read 'Old Man and the Sea' but I found one at Half Price Books and picked it up.

Turns out it's a first edition.

Wait, I'm lying, that's 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'

Either way, they're both on the "read eventually" list.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger jbb said...

lol the read eventually list..my read evuntually list is on my read evuntually list its so damn long

 

Post a Comment

<< Home